About AMA, Professional Register, research and AMA news
Benefits of AMA investment, internal provision and mapping provision
Managers & Leaders
Accreditation, benefits, the assessment and levels
AMA Accreditation, AMA 360, AMA Trait and the Competency Framework
Training Providers and Assessors
Becoming an assessor, assessment centres and support modules
- You are here:
AMA gives Managers recognition for their skills as well as identifying clear areas for development.
For the employer, AMA provides a gap analysis to enable effective development plans and training to be implemented for optimum results. In addition AMA provides:
- A picture of what ‘good looks like’ in automotive management and leadership
- A framework to support, grow and retain good people
- A way to measure the critical management and leadership competencies
- Built-in flexibility providing recognition for managers from different job roles and sectors
- Easy implementation for employers and easy access for managers (no compulsory training beforehand)
- Ethical assurance for colleagues, employers and customers as candidates sign an ethical code of professional conduct
- Skills and behaviour gap analysis
- A method to identify competent managers and leaders
- Insight into a manager’s strengths and areas for development
- A cost effective return on investment
- Increased business awareness and improvement
- All accredited managers are included on the IMI Professional Register, which raises the profile of your organisation as an invested employer
Accreditation can be undertaken using external assessors or through approved internal assessors within your own training provision.
Find out more about accreditation, becoming an assessor, the IMI Professional Register and the code of conduct using the links on the right hand side of this page.